The Go Direct Melt Station accurately determines the melting temperature of solid substances.
- The Go Direct Melt Station can be used in a variety of experiments
- Determine the melting temperature of an known organic solid such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or caffeine
- Identify an unknown organic solid by its melting temperature
- Use melting temperature to analyze reaction products
- Connects via Bluetooth® wireless technology or via USB to your device
Teach students the visual detection capillary method of melting point determination with the Go Direct Melt Station. It accurately measures melting temperatures of a solid (up to 260°C), and the real-time graphing provides a unique perspective of the melting process.
The wide-angle observation and magnification window, LED-lit heater block, and adjustable tilt base give students a clear view of the substance as they witness the state change. Internal cooling fans reduce the waiting time between sample testing. Also included is an important safety feature that automatically powers down the heating block after 60 minutes with no change to the control knob.
Our Go Direct™ Melt Station connects directly to your mobile device, Chromebook, or computer using our free Graphical Analysis™ 4 app—no additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth, allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals, including nickel, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer.