An imaging system for your smart phone… Now That's Smart!
- Imaging enclosure works with all common smart phones
- System includes blue light illumination base, orange viewing cover, and orange photo filter
- Ideal for common safe stains (SmartGlow™, SYBR Green, GelGreenTM, etc.)
- Visible blue light will not damage DNA
- Gel viewing and gel access for DNA band cutting
- Imaging enclosure can also be used on existing transilluminators
- 2 year warranty
Introducing the SmartDoc 2.0. This complete system has been developed for safely viewing nucleic acids in agarose gels and also for capturing quality digital images with a smart phone camera. Blue light is used instead of UV, which is safer for lab personnel and will not damage DNA samples. The illumination base emits an intense blue light with a peak output of 460nm for optimum excitation of nucleic acids stained with green fluorescent dyes (SYBR Gree, SmartGlow™, GelStar™, Gel Green™, etc). The orange cover fits on top of the illumination base and acts as a filter to absorb blue light, allowing visualization of the fluorescing samples. The cover can also be set at an angle for gel access and cutting out DNA bands for further study.
The SmartDoc™ imaging enclosure includes an orange photo filter for photography of the gels with a smart phone. An extending adapter can be inserted for full dimension imaging of gels up to 15 x 15 cm or removed for close up pictures. The enclosure can also be used directly on any other existing UV or blue light transilluminator. Additional filters are available for imaging gels on a UV transilluminator.