This BCA Protein Assay Kit is a two-component, high-precision, detergent-compatible assay reagent set to measure (A562 nm) total protein concentration compared to a protein standard.
- Used for studying protein:protein interactions
- Measures column fractions after affinity chromatography
- Estimates percent recovery of membrane proteins from cell extracts
- Used for high-throughput screening of fusion proteins
- Store at room temperature
Features of the BCA Protein Assay Kit:
Colorimetric - estimate visually or measure with a standard spectrophotometer or plate reader (562 nm)
Excellent uniformity - exhibits less protein-to-protein variation than dye-binding methods
Compatible - unaffected by typical concentrations of most ionic and nonionic detergents
Moderately fast - much easier and four times faster than the classical Lowry method
High linearity - linear working range for BSA equals 20 to 2000 µg/ml
Sensitive - detect down to 5 µg/ml with the enhanced protocol
This reagent provide accurate determination of protein concentration with most sample types encountered in protein research.