A hands-on learning tool that brings students closer to technology and the environment.
- Air quality sensors + web portal + phone app + curriculum + training and support
- Includes sensors for temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure
- Includes a live demonstration, prerecorded training videos, and continual tech support
- Hundreds of pre-saved labs so you are up and running immediately, or have your students create their own
- Create, share, and compare downloadable data for your eggs and other eggs on the portal
- Create and manage scientific labs from the sensor-collected data for your eggs and other eggs on the portal, with a focus on collaboration and group work
- Integrated with google classroom: Google login, import classes, send assignment results to google classroom and more
- Highly collaborative - you can see your sensor and also all other sensors in the network
The air quality egg system helps teach the importance of learning science in a real-world context, establishes an understanding of direct environmental impacts, and prepares students for a future in a data-centric society. It is designed to foster collaboration and cooperation at all levels. Whether learning the fundamentals of reading graphs, testing hypotheses, or conducing collaborative global research, students from all ages can benefit from the air quality egg.
These learning systems is an integrated, fun tool with interdisciplinary applications for encouraging global data literacy, inspiring future STEM professionals, and introducing air quality concepts in a real-world context. It is a WiFi-enabled device using a 2.4 gHz network, that uses sensors to record changes in levels of temperature, barometric pressure, and relative humidity, along with CO2, SO2, and particulates (PM 1.0, 2.5 and 10). It tracks and can alert you of any changes, while it automatically uploads the data to the cloud where it can be accessed through the web portal, mobile app, or by manual download by connecting the egg to a computer.
The online portal provides simple, interactive features for displaying data in charts and graphs, so the information can be easily seen, analyzed and compared with other sets of data locally or globally. The portal offers resources such as an educator chatroom, support videos, and an air quality news blog. The downloadable curriculum guides for teachers and students also lives within the online portal, both mobile and web. Full integration with google classroom supported, including single sign-on, classroom import/synch and exporting assignment results.
The organization subscription includes one outdoor egg, one indoor egg, a one-year subscription to our educator service plan, teacher and student guides with 70+ pages of Next Generation Science Standard-aligned curriculum, in-depth training for your whole team, installation assistance, and ongoing tech support. The outdoor egg is made of durable PVC plastic that is gasketed to protect from precipitation and includes GPS and offline data logging. Sensors included in the outdoor egg are dual particulate sensors, CO2, SO2, temperature, relative humidity and barometric pressure. The outdoor egg can be used indoors as well. The indoor egg is made of ABS plastic and includes a CO2 sensor, temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure. Both eggs are durable and portable, particularly good for field trips and off-site study. Each egg can stand alone on its included base or be mounted. A USB wall plug, the egg’s serial number and claim code are included.
Comes with an outdoor egg, an indoor egg, access to the online data portal website and app, in addition to 70+ pages of air quality egg curriculum designed to meet the Next Generation Science Standards for educators and students.
Delivery information: The hardware sensors, software, training, technical support, web portal, and curriculum are included.