In teams of one to two, the students will build a drone, learn to fly a drone, design and test a drone obstacle course, and finally compete to fly a drone fastest through student-designed drone obstacle courses.
- Kit includes drone for one to two students in total
- Grades 6 - undergraduate
- Is matched to the next generation science standards
- This kit can be taken apart and reused
- Extra battery included
Students will be:
Building a drone using individual drone parts and a manual
Designing and building a drone obstacle course using the supplies listed
Racing against classmates to complete all student-designed obstacle courses
You may want to add:
1. Designated timers for the races/completion of student obstacle courses.
2. Completion competition versus fastest times if students are not able to complete all obstacle courses or are extremely challenged by the obstacles.
A large grassy or soft ground area that will accommodate the courses.
If needed, limit course size to accommodate your space.
A storage area for the course parts.
Discuss safety in drone manual, especially considering flying the drones close to other people.
Ordering information: Supplies needed: 1. Pool noodles with holes; 2. Yard stakes or wooden dowels that fit inside of noodle; 3. Duct tape; 4. Large grass area finally compete or land that will accept yard stakes or wooden dowels; 5. Optional: hula hoops.