Ideal for terrestrial and celestial observations.
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork-arm mount, optical tube, and accessory tray for quick setup
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Bonus Astronomy Software download with 10000 object database, printable sky maps, and 75 enhanced images
The popularity of previous short tube refractor models inspired the introduction of the NexStar 102SLT. Astronomical viewing is a delight with this large, powerful 4" telescope. The 102 SLT offers a 63% increase in image brightness over 80 mm models. This short tube telescope with a fast f/6.5 optical system provides bright and crisp images.
The 102SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects. With a pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 102SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. New SkyAlign alignment technology, and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes alignment a breeze.
The NexStar 102SLT is optimal for scanning large areas of the sky, and for superb terrestrial (land) viewing due to a wide 1.7° field of view. A wonderful entry to mid-level astronomical scope, with the use of an optional erect image diagonal, the 102SLT can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.