Three dimensional model allows students to study the motion of the earth and moon around the sun, and demonstrates the science behind phenomena such as seasons, phases of the moon, eclipses, and tides.
- Features a 5.9" Ø sun, 4" Ø earth and a 1" Ø moon
- Both the earth and the moon are situated on metal rods, and can be moved to show relative motion and position
- Equipped with a 12 V bulb that is located inside the sun to show the effect that sunlight has on the earth and the moon
- Mounted on a sturdy base, which is labeled with each month of the year, allowing learners to explore the relative positions of the earth both monthly and seasonally
- Includes a comprehensive experiment guide that includes three activities, worksheets and various topics for further exploration, as well as Solstice and Equinox charts
- Requires two AA batteries (not included)
This manually-operated instrument helps students understand Sun, Earth, Moon relationships. Multiple moving axis on this gear driven model to demonstrate daylight, night, seasons and phases of moon. The base has the months of the year along with the season for each hemisphere.