Easily teach chromatography.
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- High school and college chemistry
- Column: Restek MXT-502.2 Column - Siltek-treated stainless steel with proprietary diphenyl/dimethyl polysiloxane phase
- Injection volume: 0.01 - 0.6 µl
- Detector: The unique Seacoast Science carbon-nanotube chemiresistance detector is compatible with air as the carrier gas and provides sensitivity to polar and nonpolar compounds.
- Utility: External power supply rated for 100 to 240 VAC, 1.5 A, 50 to 60 Hz
- Carrier gas: Ambient air
- Environmental conditions: temperature: 5 to 40 °C; humidity: 95% or less, (non-condensing environment)
Teach students chromatography with an affordable, portable gas chromatograph that detects polar and nonpolar compounds. With the easy-to-use Go Direct® Mini GC, free experiments from the included e-book, and a free Vernier Instrumental AnalysisTM app, students can separate, analyze, and identify substances contained in a volatile liquid or gaseous sample. Go Direct Mini GC uses Bluetooth® wireless technology or USB to connect to your device, providing an opportunity for you to chose the solution best for your laboratory.
Developed with Seacoast Science, It uses an efficient, software-controlled internal pump system. This design allows the to use room air as the carrier gas, so there is no need to purchase an external carrier gas tank or maintain a gas filtration system. Easily incorporate gas chromatography into your curriculum using Vernier's e-book Chromatography Experiments with the Go Direct® mini GCTM available for free with your purchase. You can also use this gas chromatograph to identify unknown compounds, monitor chemical reactions and measure products from a distillation.
Delivery information: Includes: Go Direct® Mini GC, Mini USB cable, AC power supply, Hamilton syringe (1.0 µl volume), two extra septa (a third septum is already installed), chromatography experiments with the Go Direct® Mini GCTM, an electronic lab book with five investigations, available as a free download from your Vernier account, Carrying case.