Explore the biology of cancer.
- Single student kit ideal for remote learning
- NGSS-aligned with HS-LS1, HS-LS3, HS-LS4 and ETS1.
- Learn about gene expression and regulation
- Perform a simulated microarray on four patient biopsies
- No human or animal products are used in this activity
Microarrays allows scientists to analyze gene expression of many samples in one assay. This technology has led to cost savings by reducing the sample size, while saving time and yielding accurate results. In this experiment, students explore the biology of cancer by looking at changes in gene expression in simulated patient samples.
Ordering information: Kit will ship immediately upon ordering. Please call to specify a future shipping date.
Caution: Kit may be stored at room temperature.