Explain the principle of high surface tension as water acts like a membrane stretched across the surface preventing sulfur particles from sinking.
- Understand and demonstrate surface tension
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Cross cutting concepts: patterns
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A
- Learn engineering practices: planning and carrying out investigations
A wetting agent lowers the surface tension and allows the particles to fall through the surface to the bottom of the beaker. Each kit comes with enough material to complete the experiment five times.