Demonstrate polymer chemistry.
- Understand and demonstrate polymer chemistry through a synthesis reaction
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Cross cutting concepts: patterns, structure and function
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Learn engineering practices: analyzing and interpreting data, obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Newsprint is dissolved in a solution of ammonium hydroxide and cupric sulfate. The solution is then added to a sulfuric acid solution and dark strands are formed.
Caution: WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including strong inorganic acid mists containing sulfuric acid, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov