Negative Coefficient of Solubility
Chemistry Educational Materials
Applied Chemistry Learning Activities
Explain how there are exceptions to the rules of chemistry through a negative coefficient of solubility.
- Understand and demonstrate negative coefficients of solubility
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Cross cutting concepts: patterns
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Learn engineering practices: analyzing and interpreting data
Explain how there are exceptions to the rules of chemistry. Heat a solution and watch it form a precipitate. Watch it go back into solution as it cools.