The Oxidation-Reduction Flag (Redox Flag)
Chemistry Educational Materials
Applied Chemistry Learning Activities
Understand and perform a patriotic redox reaction.
- Understand and demonstrate redox reactions
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Cross cutting concepts: patterns
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Learn engineering practices: analyzing and interpreting data
You will be able to demonstrate the principles of a redox reaction. Paint the potassium thiocyanate solution and potassium ferrocyanide solution onto a filter paper. Once they are dry you can spray the filter paper with iron (II) chloride and watch blue and red colors appear.