Fluorescent Slime Using Polyvinyl Alcohol
Chemistry Educational Materials
Applied Chemistry Learning Activities
Create your own fluorescent slime while understanding polymer chemistry.
- Understand and demonstrate polymer chemistry through a synthesis reaction
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Cross cutting concepts: structure and function, patterns
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Learn engineering practices: analyzing and interpreting data, obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Create your own fluorescent polymers (Slime) in this great classroom demonstration. Mixture is pink under regular light and glows orange under a black light. Included pigment will make this polymer activity easy to see and memorable for your students!