Learn how to prepare, stain, and mount slides in order to identify the phases of plant mitosis and chromosomal development.
- Students will prepare, stain, and mount slides using prepared onion root tips
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-LS1-1, HS-LS1-1, HS-LS1-4
- Disciplinary core ideas: LS1.A, LS1.B
- Cross cutting concepts include scale proportion and quantity, systems and system models, structure and function
- Engineering practices include planning and carrying out investigations, developing and using models, constructing explanations and designing solutions
Prepare your own squashed stained slide and be able to identify the phases of plant mitosis and chromosomal development. Students will be able to prepare, stain and mount slides using specially prepared onion root tips. Kit contains enough material for 15 groups. Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol/Methyl isobutyl ketone, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.