Learn about muscles and how/why they contract.
- Students will observe and measure how muscles contract using an ATP solution
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: HS-LS1-2
- Disciplinary core ideas: LS1.A
- Cross cutting concepts include systems and system models
- Engineering practices include developing and using models
Students can observe and measure how muscles contract. The muscles are shipped in glycerol which extracts most of the water soluble material leaving muscle tissue that can be identified and studied using a microscope. The muscle can also be stimulated to contract using the ATP chemical solution. There are enough materials for 15 groups.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.