Learn the effects of nutrient deficiency in plants.
- Students will deprive plants of prepared nutrient solutions to determine the effects of specific nutrients on plant growth and appearance.
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-LS2-1
- Disciplinary core ideas: LS2.A
- Cross cutting concepts include cause and effect
- Engineering practices include analyzing and interpreting data
Using the materials provided, students will be able to examine the effects of nutrient deficiency on plants. Specially prepared nutrient solutions (included in the kit) will allow students to deprive each plant of one of seven specific vital nutrients. Over time, students will determine the effects, if any, of the nutrient deprivation through physical observation of the plant's growth.
Kit contains enough materials for three complete set-ups. Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.