Learn about how to test if a surface has been exposed to gunpowder residue.
- Students will perform a two part test to determine whether a surface has been exposed to a discharged firearm
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-2
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Cross cutting concepts include Patterns
- Engineering practices include analyzing and interpreting data
This is a two part test to determine whether a surface has been exposed to a discharged firearm. A rapid color change takes place to verify the presence of nitrates and lead. Kit contains instructions and enough materials for 30 tests.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals including Strong inorganic acid mists containing sulfuric acid, Lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.