Learn about how to test for the presence of blood on materials.
- Students will test materials for the presence of blood.
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-3
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Cross cutting concepts include Patterns
- Engineering practices include analyzing and interpreting data
Test for the presence of blood on materials using phenolphthalein. The test will not distinguish between animal and human blood. Further serology tests are needed. Kit contains instructions, blood standard and reagents to complete 30 tests.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals including Phenolphthalein and Methanol, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.