Learn about the different chemical and physical characteristics and properties of glass and how they impact forensics.
- Students will perform experiments to find out how forensic scientists use flass to help provide evidence to solve crimes.
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-4
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A, PS1.B
- Cross cutting concepts include Patterns
- Engineering practices include analyzing and interpreting data
Often times, during a criminal investigation, police and crime scene investigators must use all available tools and pieces of evidence to work backwards and create the most likely scenario as to what might have occurred. Different types of evidence provide different pieces to the puzzle.
Learn about the different chemical and physical characteristics and properties of glass. Find how forensic scientists use these differences to help provide evidence to solve crimes. Kit contains enough material for 15 groups. Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.