Learn about Mohs hardness scale and develop vital skills that will carry throughout earth science.
- Students will become familiar with Mohs hardness scale and investigate the relative hardness of minerals around them.
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-3
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A
- Cross cutting concepts include structure and function
- Engineering practices include obtaining, evaluation, and communicating information
Mohs hardness scale was invented by Friedrich Mohs in 1812. Since that moment, the Mohs hardness scale has assisted geologist in determining the identity of minerals. With innovating science's Mohs hardness kit students, will become familiar with Mohs hardness scale and develop vital skills that will help them throughout their studies in earth science. This kit also provides an opportunity to go out into their local environment and investigate the relative hardness of the minerals around them.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals including Respirable crystalline silica, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.