Learn about the formation of crystals and how they play a role in the rock cycle.
- Students will observe the natural formation of crystals over the period of a week.
- Aligned to NGSS Practices
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-1; MS-PS1-5; MS-ESS2-1; MS-ESS2-4; HS-ESS2-5
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A; PS1.B; ESS2.A; ESS2.C
- Cross cutting concepts include structure and function; scale, portion and quantity; energy and matter; stability and change
- Engineering practices include developing and Using Models; Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
This kit offers a chance for students to view the formation of colorful and unique shaped crystals. Over the period of a week, students will be able to observe natural formation of crystals. This kit also provides teachers with the opportunity to discuss the formation of crystals and how they play a role in the rock cycle. Students can also investigate different types of crystals that they encounter every day and view the different forms crystals can make.
Delivery information: Kit includes instructional manual and SDS booklet.
Caution: This product can expose you to chemicals including Nickel (soluble compounds), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.