The NexYZ DX Kit is a great first step into the world of astroimaging or digiscoping.
- A complete digiscoping solution
- NexYZ connects a smartphone to an eyepiece while the Bluetooth shutter release button helps to achieve a steady shot every time
- NexYZ’s patented design works with telescopes (with most 1.25" or 2" eyepieces), spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes (with the included adapter rings)
- Connect the remote shutter release to a phone via Bluetooth to take photos or start/stop video recording without unwanted vibration
- Both devices work with virtually all smartphone models, including the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, and Google
- NexYZ features three directional knobs (X-, Y-, and Z-axis) that perfectly align the phone’s camera with the eyepiece in seconds
- Tension adjustments are available to keep the phone firmly in place
- Robust, durable construction with a metal frame and polymer body
- Adapter dimensions: 6.5×5.5×4.25"
- Adapter weight: 10 oz.
The NexYZ fits any eyepiece from 35 mm to 60 mm in diameter, including telescopes equipped with 1.25" or 2" eyepieces, spotting scopes, monoculars, and binoculars. NexYZ also attaches to microscopes with the addition of an included adapter ring, which takes the usable diameter down to 25 mm, the size of a standard microscope eyepiece.
The NexYZ DX Kit accommodates a wide range of smartphones including the larger 'phablets' like the iPhone 8 Plus and latest Samsung Galaxy devices. The phone platform is fully adjustable and can fit any device, usually with the case still on. The secure platform stands up to the weight of these heavier devices with ease, thanks to NexYZ’s strong metal spring and threaded twist lock. Tighten the tension on each axis for a customized secure connection (click the Support & Downloads tab to read the NexYZ Tension Adjustment Guide).
To capture the best image, this kit also comes complete with a Bluetooth shutter release remote, which allows users to trigger the camera’s shutter on any Android or iOS smartphone without touching the device’s screen or buttons. This eliminates blurriness in images caused by the phone or telescope shaking due to pressure from pressing the button manually. Pairing a Bluetooth remote to the smartphone for the first time takes only seconds. Detailed instructions are in the quick setup guide.
The three-axis adjustment makes patented NexYZ different from other smartphone adapters. Most adapters rely on users placing the phone perfectly on the platform and only offer limited adjustment in two axes. But NexYZ offers the power to place a phone on the platform, center it over the eyepiece with the X and Y knobs, and then move up or down over the eyepiece until the entire field of view is in the shot. And even though this adjustment is ultra-precise, it’s still quicker and easier than with other adapters. From start to finish, the process only takes about 30 seconds, including the time it takes to insert the phone into NexYZ, attach NexYZ to an eyepiece, start the camera app, and center the camera over the eyepiece using the knobs.
Switching phones, eyepieces, or optical instruments, requires only slight adjustments to re-center the camera over the new eyepiece. If multiple people want to capture a shot through the optic, NexYZ’s simple spring-loaded clamps make it easy to remove one device and replace it with another in seconds. NexYZ is the ideal solution for star parties and group bird walks where everyone wants their own shot of the action.
Also, switch images from portrait to landscape simply by turning the padded eyepiece clamp and readjusting the X-, Y-, and Z-axis to realign the phone with the eyepiece.
NOTE: NexYZ is compatible with telescopes, spotting scopes, binoculars, monoculars, and microscopes. It does not fit riflescopes. NexYZ works with most phone cases, but an especially large phone case with built-in batteries or a folio-style case will need to be removed.