The Celestron EclipSmart three-Piece solar eclipse observing and imaging Kit is a must-have to view and photograph partial and total solar eclipses.
- Premium EclipSmart Solar Glasses feature sturdy plastic frames for a comfortable fit and plastic lenses with Solar Safe film
- Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun
- Capture stunning still images and video of the eclipse with a smartphone, DSLR, or point-and-shoot camera without damaging its photo sensor
- 32-page eclipse book is packed with resources to ensure the best eclipse experience, including a detailed map and city-by-city timetables
- Celestron Solar Safe film is produced in the USA by American Paper Optics, one of the suppliers recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing (independently tested by a third-party lab)
- EclipSmart glasses reveal the Sun in the visible (white light) spectrum, but an added orange tint offers a more natural look and a comfortable observing experience
Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, Solar Safe, Celestron EclipSmart glasses and photo filters are 100% ISO-certified. With this kit, users will be totally prepared for eclipse day. Receive one pair of premium, durable plastic eclipse glasses with wraparound-style arms that adjust for a comfortable fit. The handy photo filter will help to capture images and video of the Sun with a smartphone or camera. Simply place the filter over the camera lens, and its delicate imaging sensor is protected. It works with phones, camcorders, action cams, point-and-shoot cameras, and DSLRs. Only remove the filter when the camera is no longer pointing at the Sun. Finally, this kit includes a 32-page booklet packed with helpful information, including observing tips, a detailed eclipse map, and a city-by-city timetable.
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology, the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation. This includes IR and UV light, plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is guaranteed safe for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Important safety note: inspect the glasses and photo filter before every use. Do not use and discard if the solar film is damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way. Do not use the glasses or photo filter in combination with any magnifying optical device (i.e., telescopes, binoculars).
2023 - On October 14, 2023, the famed 'Ring of Fire' will encircle a darkened Moon during a spectacular annular eclipse. This special type of partial solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is too far from Earth to cover the Sun completely. The Sun’s corona is not visible during an annular eclipse.
2024 - On April 8, 2024, the Moon will completely cover the Sun during an awe-inspiring total solar eclipse. Observers within the path of totality will witness the Sun’s dazzling corona, observe the 'diamond ring' effect, and see day turn to night.
Certifications: Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.