Celestron EclipSmart Solar Eclipse Glasses are a must-have for anyone who wants to view partial and total solar eclipses.
- The ideal tool for viewing eclipses, sunspots, or the Sun any day
- Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun
- These paper eclipse glasses feature two different folding points to accommodate a variety of face shapes and sizes
- Celestron Solar Safe film is produced in the USA by American Paper Optics, one of the suppliers recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing (independently tested by a third-party lab)
- EclipSmart glasses reveal the Sun in the visible (white light) spectrum, but an added orange tint provides a more natural look and a comfortable observing experience
Affordable, easy to use, and best of all, Solar Safe, all Celestron EclipSmart Solar Eclipse Glasses are 100% ISO-certified. Buy with confidence, knowing that EclipSmart eclipse glasses will fit virtually every user. Two sets of fold marks allow fitting for a range of head sizes with a simple, one-size-fits-all solution.
EclipSmart solar products feature Solar Safe filter technology, the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation. This includes IR and UV light, plus 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is guaranteed safe for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Important safety note: inspect glasses before every use. Do not use and discard if the solar film is damaged, torn, punctured, or separated from the frame in any way. Do not use these glasses in combination with any magnifying optical device (i.e., telescopes, binoculars).
2023 - On October 14, 2023, the famed 'Ring of Fire' will encircle a darkened Moon during a spectacular annular eclipse. This special type of partial solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is too far from Earth to cover the Sun completely. The Sun’s corona is not visible during an annular eclipse.
2024 - On April 8, 2024, the Moon will completely cover the Sun during an awe-inspiring Total Solar Eclipse. Observers within the path of totality will witness the Sun’s dazzling corona, observe the 'diamond ring' effect, and see day turn to night.
Certifications: Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.