The Backpack Lab is designed for educators and environmental science students, containing lessons, activities, and test kits that relate to important parameters in water quality.
- Laminated field test procedures
- Lab activity worksheets
- Backpack carrying case for easy transport
- ests for ten important water quality parameters
- Classrooms can gain an extensive understanding of water quality through measurement of these ten parameters: Acidity, alkalinity, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, nitrate, phosphate, pH, EC, and TDS
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the pH tester, sample beaker, indicator and reagent bottles and packets, and glass bottle for dissolved oxygen.
- The lesson plan and components are tied together by a comprehensive teacher’s manual that includes information about each parameter, classroom activities designed to introduce students to each parameter, and detailed field-testing procedures
The Backpack lab is a classroom in a backpack! This portable kit contains well-constructed lessons and activities, and will allow the teacher to get the most out of their classroom time. The Backpack lab contains test kits for the determination of common parameters in water quality testing: acidity, alkalinity, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, nitrate, and phosphate. The pH/Conductivity Combo Tester is also included for measurement of pH, conductivity (EC), and total dissolved solids (TDS), as well as a secchi disk for monitoring turbidity.
Using titration, colorimetry, and direct measurement, educators and students can easily measure parameters such as acidity, alkalinity, carbon dioxide, dissolved oxygen, hardness, pH, EC, TDS, and turbidity. The backpack lab is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform each analysis, and all reagents and buffers are individually available as they run out.
Ordering information: Probe will need to be replaced. Requires calibration with pH calibration solutions. Requires storage solution to store pH probe in, when not being used.