Students learn about contour lines by working with plastic models of an actual Mexican volcano.
- Model of a Real-World Volcano
- Water Demonstrates Contour Lines
- Experiment Guide Included
- Kit Introduces the Concept of Contour Lines on Topographical Maps
- Models Also Explore Liquid Density and Radioactive Decay
As students submerge the model of Mt. Capulin in progressively shallower water levels, they draw lines around the model to record elevation.
The kit’s study guide details several other exercises, such as liquid density and radioactive decay, the components cover. The model is 4 x 7½ x 13".