With the Osmosis And Diffusion Kit, students observe the movement of water and solutes.
- Students Observe Diffusion through a Membrane
- Teacher's Guide with SDS Included
- Purpose for Students: to Learn How Osmosis and Diffusion Relate to Cellular Life Processes on a Cellular Level
- Time Required: One 50 Minute Class Period
- Color Changes Help Students Visualize Biological-Physiological Phenomenon
Students observe first hand the characteristics of a deferentially permeable membrane. Some substances pass through the membrane and some don't. Some pass through the membrane in both directions simultaneously.
Simple color changes help students visualize this biological-physiological phenomenon.
Ordering information: This kit includes glucose testing strips, membranes (semi-permeable), cups (plastic), droppers, Lugol’s solution, a bottle of glucose solution, a bottle of liquid starch, a teacher’s guide with SDS, and student worksheets and guides.